We no longer take reservations.
With a "no reservations" policy we understand that it is more difficult for those who need to be somewhere after and for large groups. But everyone willing to invest a little time waiting for us will be given our best effort in return.
Thank you for your patronage & understanding,
Please do not call or email to request a reservation. We will not break this policy as it would be unfair to all those who are waiting.
We cannot add you to the "Wait List" in advance of you arrival again in fairness to others who have already invested time in coming to Khao San Road.
We cannot let patrons "hold" tables. So parties will not be seated unless the full party has arrived.
If you are a party of 8 or larger, please email firstname.lastname@example.org more than 2 weeks in advance and can discuss your options. Otherwise, understand that even as a walkin we may not be able to accommodate such a large party as we are a small restaurant.
Average Wait Times
It is difficult to approximate as it depends on such things as party size, day of week, time of day, local events and weather. But for all those willing to invest a little time will be given our best effort to give you a great experience.
The peak periods are Thursday-Saturday dinner from 7pm-9pm where there usually is a bit of a wait.
Large parties should try to come off-peak days & off-peak times, otherwise expect to wait 2hrs or more. By the way, the best chance to avoid waits altogether is early for Saturdays lunch.
Things you can do to help
- We take phone numbers to notify patrons closer to their seating time to avoid them having to wait outside. Usually this is most effective when wait times are longer than 20 minutes.
- Plan ahead and expect to invest a little time
- Have someone in your party arrive early to get your name on the "wait list" ASAP
- Make sure your full party is there when your table comes up
- Have drinks and snacks upstairs at our bar Bang Sue to pass the time while you wait